Friday, January 9, 2015

The Borneo Challenge-Malaysia: The Family


The funds we raised were earmarked for Borneo Child Aid Society 

One evening at Sabah Tea Plantation, the children performed for us 

The children played music with makeshift instruments

Some children waited their turn to perform 

The Filipino family whom I befriended were teachers and staff at Borneo Child Aid Society 

One lovely girl from that teaching family, with her grandmother 

Torben Venning, director at Borneo Child Aid Society

It was the Francisco family whom I befriended during the evening's performance by Borneo Child Aid Society.  They had to traveled a few hundred kilometers to Sabah Tea Plantation.  I let them know I was Filipino, and curiously they said that because I had lived so long in the US, I now looked American.  Does living in a city mold and shape the way you look?  Apparently so.  Maybe they said that because my complexion is fairly light for a Filipino.

No comments:

Post a Comment