Monday, January 5, 2015

The Borneo Challenge-Malaysia: The Boys







We finished painting the interior rooms and hallways of the Don Bosco Children's Home, and were just hanging around when the children came back from school.  I walked over to a scattering of boys, just outside their home, and simply and earnestly worked at making them comfortable.  Mostly non-verbally I asked if I could photograph them.  I was thankful they agreed.

Such sweet expressions on their faces.  I mostly knelt or squatted down, so I could photograph their faces at eye level.

This last boy, though, didn't look happy in the least.  I saw him at the corner of my eye - I could feel his scowl, somehow, on my cheeks - and decided to leave him alone for the time being.  I spent a few minutes with the other boys first, then approached him.  I never knew what he was apparently upset about, but he, too, agreed for me to photograph him.

No comments:

Post a Comment