Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Guitar Cover I Love: My Favorite Things


I was born in Sweden Jan 12, 1997. My dad - a guitarist with Argentinian roots - plays  guitar all day long and I love to listen to his music. When I turned 12 I picked up my dad's Yamaha and tried to play by myself. Indeed, playing guitar by myself is so much more fun and I continued to teach myself ...

One day in Aug 2009 I found a video showing Sungha playing the guitar and I felt in love with this kind of guitar music: fingerstyle guitar! This guitarstyle indeed guided my life into another direction! My parents supported my talent and bought me my own instrument. Another Yamaha in shiny black color - like my fathers one – and with a cutaway too ...
Well, what do you know, a synchronicity!  I discovered Gabriella Quevedo a few weeks ago, and added her cover of a classic from The Sound of Music to my playlist Pop Instrumentals, New Stuff.  Then, as I planned my articles for the week, I discovered Sungha Jung literally moments ago, whose cover of Kiss the Rain I wrote about in the preceding article.  Interesting that Gabriella was influenced by his style.  I also wrote about this classic in Beginning with my Favorite Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment