Monday, January 19, 2015

Guitar Cover I Love: Kiss the Rain


Hi, I'm Sungha Jung from South Korea.
My dream is to become a professional acoustic fingerstyle guitarist.

I had been watching my dad play the guitar for awhile before I finally jumped on it myself three years ago.

Currently, I am taking drum lessons and teaching myself fingerstyle guitar.
I used to not have tabs for the music that I played in my videos.
I just listen and pick them up directly from the sound source in videos available on the internet.
However, recently, I have started playing with original tabs whenever they are available to me by courtesy of the authors.
My old guitar is custom made by Selma to fit my body size, and on it, Thomas Leeb wrote "Keep on grooving to my friend."
19-year old Sungha Jung deftly and tenderly covers a song I deeply love, by his fellow South Korean Yiruma, who performed Kiss the Rain live, amid a stunning rock backdrop.  It is the one piece so far, for which I have written two poems, one of which is my collection The Song Poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment