Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Femme Fatale "Amelia," by La La La Human Steps



As with many things, I stumbled onto this dance piece by fateful accident, perhaps just serendipitously or even synchronously.  "Amelia" is graceful, yet its sudden starts, abrupt stops, and awkward postures make me ask 'What's so graceful about this?'  I was so enthralled that, without having quite grasped its meaning, I simply took screen shots from the video:







Perhaps it's sexual play for this couple, which laced with violence, becomes a bizarre, tense, thrill-less encounter.  It's positively fatal.

Dance blogger Fatova Mingus wrote, in her article - with my hand against my throat (lalala human steps):
The antithesis of what it should be disguised as what is accepted but not really but maybe enough to pass but maybe not....the viewer, you and me, are left to decide individually. There's no target audience and I love that. It's the lobster dripping in butter held with deliberate inappropriateness between the elegant fingers of a stunning young woman in a $1000 see-through blouse unnecessarily opened enough to show off a nipple, sitting alone at the table of a crowded 5 star restaurant in Manhattan, with enough money to buy the joint - but who will leave without paying the bill. Just because.
We have different takes on this piece, but the grace and sexuality I picked up mirror the erotic innuendo of "lobster dripping in butter" and the outright eroticism of a visible nipple.

Have at it, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment