Monday, August 4, 2014

Ballerinas on Surfaces we Walk (1)


Laura

Keenan

Alys

Brittney

Alys

Claire

Alys

Karen

Puanani

Puanani

Emily

Kaho

Dane Shitagi is the creator and photographer behind the Ballerina Project, clearly a popular site on Facebook with 850,000+ Likes.  There is so much about ballet, and ballerinas in particular, that are art personified.  Not only is the dance enthralling and even exalted, but also the lithe yet muscular bodies make for art.

Whenever I visit a new city, I love to walk around to soak in its atmosphere, feel the sun on my skin, and anchor my feet on its pavement.  In so doing, I get acquainted with a city, beyond the usual fare of travel guides and tourist spots.  So for the Ballerina Project, why not tease out those photographs where ballerina feet meet unusual surfaces?  We find a certain portrait of New York City that perhaps we don't normally see.

No comments:

Post a Comment