Friday, August 1, 2014

Khatia Buniatishvili Enthralls with Schumann


I. Allegro affettuoso
II. Intermezzo. Andantino grazioso
III. Allegro vivace 
Khatia Buniatishvili, Klavier ∙ hr-Sinfonieorchester (Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra) ∙
Paavo Järvi, Dirigent ∙

Rheingau Musik Festival 2012 ∙
Wiesbaden, Kurhaus, 23. August 2012 ∙
I don't remember when or how I stumbled onto this video, but it was this performance in which I 'discovered' Khatia Buniatishvili.  Among the 1000+ comments, her low-reaching dress at the back was as much the talk as her prodigious talent and stunning performance.  Classical music is like abstract art to me: I have an abiding appreciation for and interest in it, but it's a bit difficult to relate to and make sense of.

Khatia Buniatishvili

Buniatishvili is a buxom woman, with smoldering looks and musical prowess, that altogether make for a killer of an experience.  I am enthralled with her child prodigy background, and want to learn more about the essence of her genius.  In the process, I anticipate that I will grasp classical music better.

No comments:

Post a Comment