Monday, May 26, 2014

Variations on a Breakup Theme



A different sort of love song, by the lovely Gwen Stefani. How "cool" can you be, being friends, with a former lover, especially a former lover who has a new lover?



I was once enticed to sing this karaoke on stage at a small nightclub, and I was pleased with my effort.  James Ingram is impassioned about a relationship that repeatedly falls short of passion.



That's well-put, Paula, one of his many depressing love songs... What's funny, my friends and I loved this as a party song, because it was a chance for a "close dance." A girl and I would sing it to each other, while we were dancing, for example. Clearly we were clueless about its being a breakup song! We just loved: "I'm easy like Sunday morning..." And some our parties lasted into Sunday morning, so it was a perfect song :)

No comments:

Post a Comment