Monday, April 14, 2014

Dancing Young at Heart and Body



The YouTuber is Tears Carpenter, and he writes:
When you think of people in a hip hop dance class, an elderly white gentleman is probably the last person to come to mind, but this is what makes this dancing granddaddy so awesome! I'm a lot younger than this man and I can't do most of these moves like he can. He's killing it! I feel so inspired after watching this. I want to get up and dance!
Before my mother died, she and my father took dance classes, and led dance segments at social gatherings.  They were well into their 70s, and quite active at church.  No, they weren't quite killing it like this fine gentleman and his dance mates, but I was glad to see them so involved and happy.  Dance was one of the things that kept them young at heart and body.

*

By the way, I've been noticing more and more curious, borderline strange sites, which articles on Facebook lead me to.  I'll write about this in another blog, but for now suffice it to say that advertisers have usurped content marketing blatantly by tapping into people's curiosity and voyeurism.  They come with sensational titles like 70-Year Old Man Shocks Everyone With His Dance Moves. Incredible!  

Yes, it's the video I posted above, except the site neither gave credit to the YouTuber who uploaded it nor allowed us to share or embed the video.  I decided to check YouTube anyway, and lo and behold there it was.  

We've entered yet another era of manipulative, questionable marketing methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment